The next Moto phone may be a throwback to 2015.
Motorola is rumored to bring back the Android Authority, we have some new details.with the . And thanks to a leak by
The midrange Moto X4 will reportedly get dual rear cameras, 4K video capabilities and IP68 dust and water resistance.
It’s been a busy year for the Moto brand. The company has already announced the, , , , and — and most of these phones also have . Now Motorola may make that list even longer if it brings back the Moto X series, which hasn’t seen a release since the in 2015.
It seems like Motorola’s strategy is to flood the market with all sorts of Moto phones at varying price points. This is similar to Samsung which releases phones ranging fromto , but different from companies like or that release one or two flagship phones per year.
Earlier this year mobile tipster Evan Blass tweeted an alleged lineup of the Moto phones releasing this year, which indicated Motorola wouldn’t be satisfied with just one flagship.
So what does the Moto X4 bring to the (crowded) table? The phone could get the following specs, according to Android Authority:
- Dual rear cameras, with a 12-megapixel main camera and 8-megapixel wide angle camera
- 16-megapixel front facing camera
- 4K video shooting capabilities
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage in Europe and the Americas
- 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage in the Asia Pacific region
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p resolution) display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor and Adreno 508 GPU
With these sort of specs it sounds like the Moto X4 could be a solid midrange phone. No word yet on pricing or when it’ll be announced, so we’ll have to wait to see if the X4 can find its niche.
Motorola declined to comment on this story.