Share Files on Mac and iPhone with Airdrop
Now how many times have you sent yourself and email, or an iMessage just to get a file on your Mac or vice versa, well the awesome inbuilt utility called Airdrop can do all that and more, once you see how easy and quick it is you will wonder how you survived before. The original article was posted and seen on MjTech.net its a cool site well worth a look.
This guide will show you just how easy it is to do. It is very useful to have this tip and I am sure you will find use for it in the future.
- On the Mac open a Finder window and then select Go from the MenuBar (CMD Shift G) and then select AirDrop (CMD Shift R)
- Set “Allow me to be discovered..” to Contacts or Everyone
- On your iPhone open the app from which you want to share a file. I am going to share a photo from the Photos app
- Select the item you wish to share and then click the Share button in the bottom left
- Tap the AirDrop section (if you have either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi turned off this will turn them on)
- Select your Computer from the list of available devices
- If successful you will see a Sent notification underneath your computer
- On your Mac in the Downloads folder you will now see the files you shared
That is all you need to do when sharing files through AirDrop. It really is simple isn’t it. So lets go AirDrop!